freqdescriptives/statistics

Dahlia Sharon dahliash at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Aug 28 08:34:30 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Is there a more detailed explanation of usage for the jackknife and biascorrect options for freqdescriptives than the one in the freqdescriptives reference page(http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/reference/freqdescriptives)?

More specifically, are these options related to Bokil et al NeuroIm 2007? How should they be employed to determine significance of difference between conditions? (Is there somewhere a tutorial for the use of these options analogous to the one about cluster-based permutation testing?)

Also, for the permutation analysis of TFRs (http://fieldtrip.fcdonders.nl/tutorial/statistics?s[]=freqstatistics), if I don't want to employ the planar gradient step (what exactly IS combineplanar? sorry I couldn't find it), can I simply skip it and calculate the TFRs of the raw sensor data?

Many thanks!
Dahlia.