Re2: [FIELDTRIP] freqanalysis_wltconvol variance

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at DONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Aug 17 14:16:48 CEST 2009

Dear Amr

There is no MEX implementation. I'm quite sure (not 100% though, you could
test with tic toc to be sure) that mtmconvol is faster than wltconvol. I do
have some tips to speed up the analysis though:

1)       make the timesteps smaller, for instance 0.05 sec in stead of 0.01
sec. You have a time window of 0.5 second, so your actual time resolution is
quite limited anyway.

2)       Do you really need a frequency resolution of 2 Hz? You could start
with 5 Hz frequency steps and increase the resolution if needed later.

Hope this helps a bit,

Ingrid

PS please don't put my name above the question so also others can feel free
to answer the question. I don't mind answering questions (if they are well
phrased and I happen to know the answer such as in your case :-)), but I
also don't mind if others do ;-)

  _____