topoplotTFR on planar gradients

Walther Alexander awalther at UNI-MAINZ.DE
Sun Aug 9 17:34:35 CEST 2009

Dear Fieldtrip Users,

I'd like to apply the multiplotTFR function on freqstatistic results.
The MEG raw data were converted to planar gradient scores and passed
freqanalysis. Using fieltrip version 2008-12-08, the error message
'unsupported MEG sensor type' occurres which goes back to
prepare_layout.m, line 880. Apparently, though senstype.m gets me the
right information (ctf275_planar) that should be used to create an
appropriate layout, prepare_layout ignores this and directly heads for
the error message. Planar gradient settings seem to struggle somehow
with grad2lay.m (line 259). If I switch to Fieltrip-20090803, it will
create the plot thats attached. My configuration settings read as follows:

cfg.maskparameter = 'mask';
cfg.zparam = 'stat';
cfg.interactive = 'yes';
cfg.zlim = [-4 4];
figure, multiplotTFR(cfg,data)

Given unconverted raw data, everything works out well. Any advice?

Cheers

Alex

--
Alexander Walther