FW: [FIELDTRIP] Significance plot of TFR-Morlet

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at DONDERS.RU.NL
Mon Aug 3 16:25:16 CEST 2009

Please always send replies to the list and not only to the person that
responded, so everyone can benefit and answer.

  _____

From: Amr Ayoub [mailto:amrgermany at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 4:13 PM
To: ingrid.nieuwenhuis at donders.ru.nl
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] Significance plot of TFR-Morlet

Dear Ingrid,

Thanks for your fast reply.

Maybe I should rephrase my question.
I have used singleplotTFR with
cfg.basleine = [-1.8 1.8]
cfg.basleinetype='relative'
cfg.xlim=[-.5 .5]
cfg.ylim=[10 106]
cfg.zlim=[-1.8 1.8]
I see red spots corresponding to high gamma activity but I don't know if
they are significant or not. These red spots are scattered on different
channels, time points and frequencies.

Do you think taking 200 surrogate time points of the power spectrum assuming
a normal distribution of the surrogate power values, a significance
threshold can be calculated by two tailed test?

threshold = norminv([(1-alpha/2)],M,SD), where alpha=0.01, M=mean and SD =
standard deviation

Then subtract this threshold from the powerspctrm and last but not least use
singleplotTFR?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Amr

Ps. To double check, is normalization applied to each frequency band in the
singleplotTFR?
Note: cf.maskparameter is a new option in singleplotTFR.

  _____