Makefile for Linux 64

Jim Li megjim1 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 13 23:35:59 CEST 2009

Dear FTer:

We're thinking of buying a 64-bit Quad-core PC w/ big memory(>=16GB), then
install a Linux OS (CentOS 4) and run Fieldtrip on it. According to the first
question asked by Christine below, there seems to be a problem w/ SPM2. Is
that still an issue or is it solved by now? Are there any other issues to pay
attention to w/ 64-bit linux?

Thanks a lot,

Jim

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 17:03:59 +0200, Christine Tillmann <tillmann at MPIH-
FRANKFURT.MPG.DE> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we are trying to get the fieldtrip beamforming on our linux 64 bit
>systems going. As we understand it, there is currently no way around
>using spm2. Spm2's mex files however are not compiled for linux 64 bit
>and the makefile that's available on the web suffers from the tab/space
>delimiter problem.
>Does anyone have a makefile for spm2 that works on linux 64 bit?
>
>Or, else is there a way around spm2? E.g. by using the output of
>mriviewer and the localspheres command directly? Or by beamforming in
>CTF and feeding its output to sourcestatistics?
>
>And one last thing: does anyone use the mri files from trhe
>CTF-MRIviewer that came with version 5.4.0 yet?
>
>Thanks,
>Christine

>The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and
EEG analysis. See also http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html and
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.