stats on single subject coherence

Guillaume Rousselet g.rousselet at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Thu Oct 30 18:36:09 CET 2008

Dear Bernhard,

what you want to do is the same as comparing 2 independent groups of
subjects. Thanks to the modular architecture of Filedtrip you can plug-
in a T-statistic for independent samples when you do the permutation +
clustering. The general procedure is described in Eric Maris' 2007 J.
Neurosci. Meth. paper.

Best,

GAR

On 30 Oct 2008, at 17:19, Bernhard Staresina wrote:

> Dear FieldTrip experts,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to test the significance of
> coherence
> values between two channels across two different conditions within a
> single
> subject (assuming, for simplicity, equal number of trials in both
> conditions). As far as I know this is not implemented in the neat
> randomization/cluster stats methods for now, but any advice would be
> greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Bernhard
>

> ----------------------------------
> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users
> of the FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new
> ideas for MEG and EEG analysis. See also http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html
>  and http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.

Guillaume A. Rousselet, Ph.D.

Lecturer

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi)
Department of Psychology
Faculty of Information & Mathematical Sciences (FIMS)
University of Glasgow
58 Hillhead Street
Glasgow, UK
G12 8QB

http://web.me.com/rousseg/GARs_website/

Email: g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk
Fax. +44 (0)141 330 4606
Tel. +44 (0)141 330 6652
Cell +44 (0)791 779 7833

"There is, in short, a huge tacit conspiracy between the U.S.
government, its
agencies and its multinational corporations, on the one hand, and local
business and military cliques in the Third World, on the other, to
assume
complete control of these countries and "develop" them on a joint
venture
basis. The military leaders of the Third World were carefully nurtured
by the
U.S. security establishment to serve as the "enforcers" of this joint
venture
partnership, and they have been duly supplied with machine guns and the
latest data on methods of interrogation of subversives."

	Edward S. Herman - The Real terror network - 1982