cluster statistic on one sample

Floris de Lange florisdelange at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 21 17:47:30 CEST 2008

Dear Eric,

>This quote is about a study involving TWO experimental conditions that are
>manipulated within every subject. This is also called a paired-samples
>design. So, it is NOT a one-sample study.

I agree. Note that in my original question I didn't ask about a one-sample
*study*, but a one-sample *T-test* (on regression weights, which reflect a
weighted difference between several conditions, so not a one-sample study).
Ali's suggestion of simply comparing the regression weights against a matrix
of zeros, using paired samples T-test is excellent I think, and amounts to
the same as sign-flipping in a one-sample T-test.

Thanks at any rate for your clarification, and best wishes from Paris
Floris