cluster statistic on one sample

Gopakumar Venugopalan venug001 at BAMA.UA.EDU
Mon Oct 20 14:27:31 CEST 2008

Hello everyone, I just finished testing the null across two conditions
using EEGLAB which puts out t-values at various points on the waveform,
and then by exporting values to excel converting them to RMS and
averaging them over left vs right and post vs ant. I have the SPSS
multivariate code, I have been wondering about this for months now how
to integrate something like this into all the packages. Off course
since MATLAB is very powerful I suspect that adding the required MANOVA
code into those routines will solve the problem.After that is done, the
mathematical formula for generating the F distribution, and the root of
which is the t distribution can be placed in a separate sheet for a
parametric test, even though the data is non-parametric. We can make
parametric assumptions of our data even though it is non-parametric by
nature. I hand did this using a combination of excel, spss, eeglab, and
scan 4.3 which--runs on a matlab engine and is a commercial product.
A paper by Pascual-Marqui (2002) talks about how the F values in the
dipole fit and Current Density Reconstruction is a pseudo-statistic.
That paper also provides a correction so that they can be used as
parametric values. I wonder if such a correction can be applied to the
non-parametric values here, so that they can be treated and interpreted
as parametric values.
 I can see this in my mind by can tweak the c code in MATLAB with some
guidance. Am not a programmer by any strech of imagination.
regards
gopa