problem reading old CTF data

Wed Oct 1 12:42:40 CEST 2008

Hi Barbara (CC fieldtrip list)

The problem that you have with your CTF dataset is due to a bug in the
dataset itself. Since other people might encounter the same problem,
I'll forward the information to the FT mailing list as well.

The dataset that you are trying to read has a bug in the
headcoordinates (*.hc) file. The 5th line in the file is
   stadard left ear coil position relative to dewar (cm):
but should be
   standard left ear coil position relative to dewar (cm):
Note the missing "n" in the buggy headcoordinates file.

In the previous reading routines (read_ctf_hc, see line 182) that bug
was known and the code explicitely tested for that bug. In the new
reading routines (i.e. the ones supplied to us by CTF to handle
synthetic gradients) that bug in the HC file causes a problem.

The only solution for now that I can think of is to edit the HC file
(in a text editor) and to fix the typo by adding the "n" to "stadard".

best regards,
Robert