significance test of PLV

Hsu, Shen-Mou shehsu at INDIANA.EDU
Thu Nov 27 04:10:43 CET 2008

Hi Hyoungdong,

It is legitimate in my humble opinion, but I am glad to hear other comments. There was a discussion on the differences between the bootstrap and permutation tests  in this forum.

Good luck,

Shen-Mou
From: FieldTrip discussion list [FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf Of hyoungdong.park [spike377 at KOREA.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:00 AM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] significance test of PLV

Dear fieldtrip users.

I want to know calculated PLV value is different significantly against background fluctuation.

This is about what Lachaux et. al (Lachaux et al. 1999, HBM) calls phase locking statistics.(PLS)

They calculated PLS by bootstrap.

Can I do that with permutation test, which is implemented in fieldtrip?

If you have any idea, please let me know.

Thank you very much for reading.

Best regards.

Hyoungdong.

[http://ads.korea.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.ads/Mail.Korea/Footer@x22?KoreaHouse_080222_MFoot_01]<http://ads.korea.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/Mail.Korea/Footer@x22?KoreaHouse_080222_MFoot_01> [http://ads.korea.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_nx.ads/Mail.Korea/Footer@x21?KoreaHouse_080222_MFoot_Logo] <http://ads.korea.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/Mail.Korea/Footer@x21?KoreaHouse_080222_MFoot_Logo>

The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.

http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html

http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/