Ph.D. in EEG/fMRI

Guillaume Rousselet g.rousselet at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Tue Nov 18 14:17:49 CET 2008

A Ph.D. position in EEG/fMRI is available at the University of Dundee,
under the direction of Douglas Potter.

The project is funded by SINAPSE, the Scottish Imaging Network.

Title:
Spatial and temporal imaging of attention reorienting mechanisms

First supervisor:
Dr Douglas Potter
School of Psychology,
University of Dundee
Email: d.d.potter at dundee.ac.uk             phone: 01382 384632

Co-supervisors:
Dr Cyril Pernet
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, SFC Brain Imaging Centre
Western General Hospital,
University of Edinburgh
Email: cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk                  phone: 01315373661

Dr Guillaume Rousselet
Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi) & Department of Psychology
University of Glasgow
Email: g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk          phone: 01413306652

A description of the project and an application form are attached,

Guillaume A. Rousselet, Ph.D.

Lecturer

Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging (CCNi)
Department of Psychology
Faculty of Information & Mathematical Sciences (FIMS)
University of Glasgow
58 Hillhead Street
Glasgow, UK
G12 8QB

http://web.me.com/rousseg/GARs_website/

Email: g.rousselet at psy.gla.ac.uk
Fax. +44 (0)141 330 4606
Tel. +44 (0)141 330 6652
Cell +44 (0)791 779 7833

"no test based upon a theory of probability can by itself
provide any valuable evidence of the truth or falsehood
of a hypothesis.

But we may look at the purpose of tests from another
viewpoint. Without hoping to know whether each separate
hypothesis is true or false, we may search for
rules to govern our behaviour with regard to them, in
following which we insure that, in the long run of
experience, we shall not often be wrong."

	Neyman J & Pearson E, 1933