Error message: *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x00002aab002dadf0 **

Frederic Roux fredericroux at HOTMAIL.DE
Tue May 6 15:07:08 CEST 2008

Hi Robert,

thank you for answering.

I found out what the error was related to. It's related to the 'feature accel off' option.

When I launch my analysis with that option the bug does not appear. Can you tell me why that is so?

I have 2 more questions:

1. Can I contribute to Fieldtrip with my functions? I've written a baseline Correction function that computes Decibeland Z-scores. I've also got other functions that could be useful to other users.

2. When I compute a Wavelet transformation of my MEG signals I get an aquward looking power spectrum that looks like the signal is full of epileptic spikes.
 It kinda looks like a 'flame pattern'. I remember that you mentioned it during the Fieldtrip toolkit but I can't remember what it was related to. Can you tell me what this means?
The funny thing is that this does not happen when I do a multitaper analysis of the same signal.

The parameters I used for the wavelet transform are the following: width = 4 and gwidth = 3.

Best regards,

Frederic

Dipl. Psych. Frederic Roux Max Planck Institut für HirnforschungAbteilung NeurophysiologieDeutschordenstr. 4660528 Frankfurt am MainTel.: 069 / 6301 83225Mail: fredericroux at hotmail.de froux at mpih-frankfurt.mpg.de

> Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 14:48:00 +0200
> From: r.oostenveld at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
> Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] Error message: *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x00002aab002dadf0 ***
> To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
>
> It might be related to the use of a mex file when reading in your
> data. The mex file then seems to deallocate a piece of memory that is
> not in use any more, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malloc. It does
> not seem a serious problem, but perhaps you could give more
> information about your OS, matlab version and fileformat that you are
> working with, so that potential other problems related to this
> warning can be investigated.
>
> best regards,
> Robert
>

> On 30 Apr 2008, at 13:50, Frederic Roux wrote:
>
>> I get this error message every time I try to preprocess my data:
>>

>> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x00002aab002dadf0 ***
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue what this could mean?

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and EEG analysis. See also http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html and http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.

Lustige Emoticons für Ihren Messenger! Hier kostenlos downloaden!
http://messenger.live.de/mein/