Something Wrong in Trial Definition

Tue Mar 18 22:10:04 CET 2008

Dear Li Weina

I am not sure what you mean with the function "ctf_read", as that is
not part of Fieldtrip.

If the data was acquired continuously, then I suggest that you use
read_fcdc_event and that you plot the value of each trial versus the
sample

event = read_fcdc_event(..)
sel = find(strcmp('backpanel trigger', {event.type});
event = sevent(sel);
x = cell2mat(event.sample);
y = cell2mat(event.value);
plot(x, y, '.')

that will show the structure in the sequence of the triggers in your
data.

It might well be that you have multiple triggers of value "9" in your
data within what you condider to be a single trial, or that some
trials do not have the tigger 9 in them. If the data was acquired
trial-based, then I suggest that you make your own trialfunction
(cfg.trialfun) that defines the segments of interest based on the
'trial' event (i.e. search for event(i).type='trial' and use event
(i).sample, duration and offset to define the begin, end and offset
of each segment of interest).

see "help definetrial" and e.g.
http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:tutorial:preprocessing
and
http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:examples:making_your_own_trialfun_for_conditi
onal_trial_definition

best regards,
Robert