CTF275 coherence

jan-mathijs schoffelen j.schoffelen at PSY.GLA.AC.UK
Fri Jun 27 12:50:22 CEST 2008

Dear Cristiano,

I don't expect that the exact specifications of your single sphere
(in particular the slight shift of the origin) will cause the
localization to fail totally. I would guess that the problems lie
more in the quality of the estimated cross-spectral density matrix.
In a previous reply I mentioned about the topography only giving an
indication about the correctness of the computation of the csd's.
Obviously, this only gives a hint about the EMG-MEG coherence.
The beamformer needs the csd between all MEG-sensor pairs. It could
be that this is badly estimated. On how many repetitions is it based
(trials x tapers)? Did you remove artifacts from the data? The trial
number and presence of artifacts might severely compromise the
quality of the csd-matrix.
Additionally, I am not sure which gradiometer specification you use.
 From your previous mails it seems that you generate it yourself.
However, fieldtrip should do it for you. If you are using your own
hack, is there any reason for it?

Yours,

JM