bwlabelnmex !?

Thu Jul 24 09:40:46 CEST 2008

Hi Matt

The bwlabeln function is used for clustering and is part of the
Matlab image processing toolbox. On my computer I have

 >> which bwlabeln
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\toolbox\images\images\bwlabeln.m

and if I subsequently look into the details, then there is a
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\toolbox\images\images\private
\bwlabeln.cpp
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\toolbox\images\images\private
\bwlabeln.mexw32
C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2006b\toolbox\images\images\private
\bwlabeln.csf

Actually, there is a whole bunch of cpp and mexw32 files in that
directory. In older Matlab version the windows mex files would have
the extension *.dll. Do you have a bwlabeln.dll file, or any other
mexw32 or dll files in that private directory? If not, then your
Matlab installation is not correct. I don't know whether it is
possible to recompile the mex files in the images/private directory,
but if you have problems there, it might very well be that also on
other locations in your matlab toolbox tree the mex files would be
missing. If that is the case, I would just reinstall Matlab and not
try to compile all Mathworks mex files.

best regards,
Robert