Logical problem with CTF 3rd order gradiometers correction

Michael Wibral wibral at BIC.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Jul 31 18:11:28 CEST 2008

Dear listusers,
 I have a logical problem with denoise-synthetic.

here's  what I want to do:

1. use definetrial to make cfg.trl (works fine)
2. use preprocessing with the new cfg. headerfile='ctf_new' , cfg.datafile='ctf_new' options to read the reference gradiometer information and the data into a fieldtrip structure (works fine)
3. use denoise_synthetic to denoise the data (works fine ?)
4. un artefact detection on these data (-> this works fine and updates cfg.trl)
5. run preprocessing a second time for filtering and actually applying the results of artefact corrcetion,... i.e. those things that I didn't want to do before denoise_synthetic.
BUT preprocessing complains that cfg shouldn't contain the cfg.trl field when no data are read - which is the case because I am invoking preprocessing a second time here on an existing fieldtrip structure.
Therefore all information from artefact rejection is lost.

Somehow it seems that I can run denoise_synthetic only after artefact rejection, because I need a fieldtrip dataset to run it, but NO dataset for preprocessing to perform artefact correction, i.e. accept cfg.trl. This would be a pity.

Any suggestion how to solve this?

Many Thanks,
Michael