issue with read_ctf_res4.m: use of uinit8 and char in fread

Thu Jul 24 09:29:52 CEST 2008

Hi Erick

Thanks for the suggested change. I have incoroprated it and it will
be included in tonights release version on the ftp.

The char/int8 problem had been reported before, but I have never seen
it happen myself on any of the computers that I have been working
with. Do you think that it might be related to particular language
settings on the computer that you are using? Since it not always
occuring to me seems to indicate that Matlab sometimes wants to use 8
bit and sometimes 16 bit wide characters.

Actually there is a lot of reading code for other (non ctf) formats
that also uses fread(...'char'). That code should also be affected
with the bug, which means that I should make the suggested change
everywhere where chars are read.

best regards,
Robert