denoise_synthetic

Thu Jul 17 16:49:21 CEST 2008

Dear all,

I just noticed that it was possible to do denoise_synthetic (i.e.
apply 3rd order gradients to CTF data) without all required channels
being present in the data. It requires the MEG channels and the
reference channels to be both present in the preprocessed data.

If you have beein doing cfg.channel=MEG in preprocessing and then
denoise_synthetic, then the data will not be correct 3rd order
gradients. If you have been doing cfg.channel=all, then
denoise_synthetic will have done its job correct (I hope). I have now
added an explicit check on the presence of the required channels, so
now it will give an error if the reference channels are missing.

best regards,
Robert

PS the update will be available this evening on the ftp