Template MRI and missing fiducials

Tom Holroyd tomh at KURAGE.NIMH.NIH.GOV
Wed Jul 16 14:17:09 CEST 2008

> Otherwise does someone know if it is possible to perform a
> sourceanalysis without having recorded fiducials during the anatomical
> MRI scan?
> I have the dicom files of all my subjects but I did not record
> fiducials during the MRI scan.
You can read the MRI into AFNI, and mark the fiducials; just estimate
them (assuming your MRI has the nasion and ears, if not you're out of
luck). You can be off by a few mm, it doesn't matter since one usually
doesn't do source estimation at a resolution higher than 5 mm or so.
It's not just a matter of co-registration, you also need the brain to
make the forward model (if you're using CTF, you'll make a multisphere
model; see the brainhull page here:
http://kurage.nimh.nih.gov/meglab/Meg/Brainhull
--
Elephants can paint.