read_fcdc_header problem

Paul van den Hurk Paul.vandenHurk at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Wed Jul 9 10:23:54 CEST 2008

Dear all,

When trying to read in my header information using e.g.

	hdr = read_fcdc_header('C:\Documents and Settings\pauvdhur\My
Documents\MATLAB_Files\ANT_EEG_pilot_data\Subj_1\FabioGiommi.vhdr')

only recently I got the following error:

	??? Error using ==> rdivide
	Not enough input arguments.

	Error in ==> fieldtrip\private\read_brainvision_vhdr at 66
      	hdr.nSamples = info.bytes./(hdr.NumberOfChannels*2);

Apparently, the info.bytes field is empty.

The info structure is obtained by the following code (which you can check in
the 'read_brainvision_vhdr' function):

	info = dir(hdr.DataFile);

While the hdr.DataFile is obtained by:

	hdr.DataFile         = read_asa(filename, 'DataFile=', '%s');

If I change the script

	info = dir(hdr.DataFile);

into:

	info = dir(filename);

the problem seems to be solved.

Could anyone tell me what is best to do? To change the
'read_brainvision_vhdr' function for my own use? Or is there a possibility
to change something else, so I could still use the standard '
read_brainvision_vhdr' function (which I would prefer actually).

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion!

Kind regards,
Paul van den Hurk