Overlapping trials

Natalia Grion grion at SISSA.IT
Tue Jul 8 11:50:14 CEST 2008

Dear All,
During reading and preprocessing lfps,  I find this error for some trials:

?? Subscript indices must either be real positive integers or logicals.
*Error in ==> read_data at 576
           dat = ncs.dat(begsample:endsample);*
Error in ==> read_fcdc_data at 49
[dat] = read_data(varargin{:});
Error in ==> preprocessing at 554
    dat = read_fcdc_data(cfg.datafile, hdr, begsample, endsample,
rawindx, strcmp(cfg.continuous,
    'yes'));
Error in ==> FreqAnalysis at 51
  datar{chanindx}=preprocessing(cfgpreproc)

Trials are defined by 2 trigger beams, first trigger defines the start
of the trial, and 2nd trigger beam: the reward time (which is variable).
I'm taking smaples in this way: prestimbeam: 3 sec before "start
trigger", and poststimbeam = time till trigger of reward. I pretty sure
this error appears when prestimbeam is overlapping with the  previous
poststimbeam (actually, taking  2sec before start trigger error doesn't
come up).   Do you have any suggestion of how i could introduce i
conditional statement for skipping these trials?  I guess this statement
has to be written is "read_data" function, right?
Thanks!
Natalia Grion