Importing 4-D datasets

Wed Jan 16 09:11:52 CET 2008

Hi Gopa

Regarding combined EEG and MEG data, of course we also have this
often with our CTF MEG system. The sensor locations stored in a
preprocessed combined EEG+MEG data structure at the moment can not
contain mixed EEG and MEG positions. Usually you will want to do
source reconstruction with the MEG channels. In that case the data
(after preprocessing, timelockanalysis or freqanalysis or
componentanalysis) should have the field data.grad. If you want to do
sourceanalysis/dipolefitting on the EEG channels, you should remove
the data.grad field and instead insert a field into the data with the
name data.elec.  See http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:frequently_asked_questions#how_are_electrodes
_magnetometers_or_gradiometers_described for fuether details.

On 11 Jan 2008, at 14:28, Nathan Weisz wrote:
> you may try:
> cfg.channel={'EEG'};
> and see if it only applies the relevant functions to the EEG
> channels (i haven't done this myself). if not you can specify all
> labels by hand or add something to the channelselction.m function
> that suits your needs.

Usefull here might also be to specify cfg.channel='gui' and a
graphical interface will pop up allowing you to select channels with
the mouse.

best regards,
Robert