ICA with PCA and predetermined mixing matrix

Jeroen Geuze J.Geuze at STUDENT.RU.NL
Fri Feb 8 10:52:05 CET 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to use ICA with a predetermined mixing matrix on my data.
I have the following situation: I want to use Cluster Analysis on the
components of two of my datasets. In this case, you want to have the
same components for both datasets. I have measured with 256 electrodes
and after removing the bad electrodes, 204 are left. I then run ICA
with the PCA setting to 64. I run this on my two appended datasets.
Then I want to use the mixing matrix found there to do ICA on each of
my two separate datasets. But because I go from 204 electrodes to 64
components, the weights matrix is not square. Is there a way to use
componentanalysis with a non-square predetermined mixing matrix? Or is
there another way to get the components of the appended datasets into
the two separate datasets?
Regards,

Jeroen Geuze

--