eep and brainvision definetrial

Susana Silva zanasilva at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 27 00:01:13 CEST 2008

Hi

I am a new and very poor fieldtrip user.
I am trying to use fieldtrip for analysis of eep files (ANT, ASA). First I
tried eep “read” functions (fieldtrip\private), but there were problems
with the MEX file (“invalid MEX file”). This applies to .cnt as well as
to .avr.

Then I exported my eep files as brainvision. Now I can read the
brainvision header file using the read_brainvision_vhdr, but not with
read_fcdc_header; differently, I can read the brainvision trigger file
with read_fcdc_event, but not with read_brainvision_vmrk.

When I try to do the trial definition, something is said about the
function read_fcdc_header not being OK. As I can not use this function, it
sounds logical.

My questions are:
-	In my position – someone who has eep files and brainvision files,
what is the most simple option: try to use eep or brainvision (at the
moment, I can use neither!)
-	Can you give me an example of a trial definition based upon a
brainvision file, let us say s1.eeg (data), s1.vhdr , s1.vmrk, where ‘s33’
(eventvalue) is the ‘Stimulus’ (eventtype)?
-	In case I can not do the trial definition, how exactly should I
arrange my data so that they are equivalent to the output of “definetrial”?

Thank you,
Susana Silva