Problem while using prepare_leadfield with parameterscfg.resolutionand cfg.inwardshift

Ingmar Schneider Ingmar.Schneider at BIO.UNI-GIESSEN.DE
Wed Apr 23 12:21:32 CEST 2008

Hello Robert,

thanks again for the quick reply!
I'm sorry for the sloppy formulation. What I mean by "the field", is the
visible area after source analysis. I calculated the sources two times -
once with a leadfield resolution of 1cm and once with a resolution of
0.5cm - and compared the resulting sliceplots. While the 1cm resolution
resulted in a source analysis covering almost the whole MRI-anatomy, the
0.5cm resolution concentrated only on the central 50% of the anatomy
(Unfortunately I have no saved figures of these constellations, but I'll
try to visualize it in an attached, coarse scetch).
I considered these divergences to result from the underlying leadfield,
but I checked the calculated leadfields as you proposed in your last
mail and the dimensions appear to be just fine.

Probably the original problem is not related to the leadfield at all.

With best regards,
Ingmar