Extracting data from singleplot TFR

Ingrid Nieuwenhuis ingrid.nieuwenhuis at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Fri Sep 21 10:03:46 CEST 2007

Dear Piers

singleplotTFR uses imagesc to do the plotting. Before that it selects the
appropriate 2D (time-frequency) tile from the data. I'm not familiar with
hgsave, but singleplotTFR is not a complicated function, so I'd advise you
to look into the code and you can probably easily get access to the values
by debugging. More info on the FieldTrip plotting functions can be found on
documentation > tutorial > plotting:

http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?id=fieldtrip:documentation:tu
torial:plotting

Hope this helps,
Ingrid

-----Original Message-----
From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Piers Cornelissen
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 6:14 PM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: [FIELDTRIP] Extracting data from singleplot TFR

Dear all,

I would like to get access to the values produced by singleplotTFR that go
into the contour plots.

Normally, I understand that a sequence like this:

h = plot(y,x)
hgsave(h,'plot_fig.fig')
a = load('plot_fig.fig','-mat')

should allow one to access the datastructure in a plot.

However, when I tried hgsave with singleplotTFR I got the following error
message:

??? Error using ==> hgsave
Invalid handle

Please can you advise how I get to the data.

Thanks

Piers C

The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip  toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG
and EEG analysis. See also
http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html and
http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip.