volumewrite, volumenormalize and mri orientations

Tom Holroyd tomh at KURAGE.NIMH.NIH.GOV
Fri Sep 14 19:51:47 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 11:35 +0100, Marie Smith wrote:
> Dear Jan-Mathijs,
>
> Thanks for your response. The reason for trying to export the data
> somewhere else is two-fold. Firstly as you mention to aid
> localisation to brain regions and secondly as I want to normalise the
> results of several subjects to a template brain.

One way to do that is to use AFNI. AFNI is free, and you can import
matlab volumes.

http://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/
http://afni.nimh.nih.gov/afni/matlab/

AFNI can warp brains to Talairach space (now automated!) and match to a
template, do stats, etc. I'm attaching a thing that writes a source
volume from Fieldtrip out as an AFNI BRIK using the matlab tools found
on the links above.

Dr. Tom
--
For in one's heart one loves only one's child and one's work; and where
there is great love to oneself, then is it the sign of pregnancy: so