Using SPM Analyze MRIs for beamforming and head model creation

Michael Wibral wibral at MPIH-FRANKFURT.MPG.DE
Wed Sep 26 09:39:47 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I have a quick question on how the coregistration works if I use dicom
or SPM Analyze MRIs of my subjects for head model creation. The
background of my question is that ctf mri's are now version 4.1 and I am
not sure what has changed since the last version that fieldtrip used to
read properly.

When I use ctf's MRIs with included fiducials I can see how fieldtrip is
able to align MRI and the grads. How is this done for for SPM MRIs?
Transforming to the template (with known fiducial locations??) and then
backtransforming the fiducial locations?
(Staying in the transformed/normalized space doesn't seem to be corrcet
because the transformation is nonlinear and the field-equations do not
transform the same way...)

Any help appreciated,
Michael Wibral