clusterrandanalysis input format

Rodrigo F. Salazar rsalazar at NERVANA.MONTANA.EDU
Wed Sep 26 00:32:24 CEST 2007

Dear Eric and Sameer,

Thanks for correcting the bug and about the tutorial on
clusterandanalysis.

I can now run freqanalysis_mtmfft but when I use the output to run
clusterandanalysis, I have one error due to an empty 'stats'
variable. I am now using the tutorial data to run clusterandanalysis
to avoid problems due my data format. Even though I have noticed that
in clusterrandstatistics.m,  the variables 'crspctrc1' and
'crspctrc2' (line 678 and 679) are empty. I think that this is
produced by a wrong input format.

I selected the two first channels of FICpreproc FCpreproc and instead
of running timelockanalysis, I ran freqanalysis using

cfg =

  method: 'mtmfft'
        tapsmofrq: 4
          calcdof: 'yes'
       keeptapers: 'no'
       keeptrials: 'yes'
              pad: 0.5000
            taper: 'dpss'
           foilim: [0 100]
           output: 'powandcsd'
       channelcmb: {'MLC11'  'MLC12'}
          channel: {2x1 cell}

That gave me:

FICfreq =

         label: {2x1 cell}
        dimord: 'rpt_chan_freq'
          freq: [1x51 double]
     powspctrm: [85x2x51 double]
      labelcmb: {'MLC11'  'MLC12'}
     crsspctrm: [85x1x51 double]
     cumsumcnt: [85x1 double]
     cumtapcnt: [85x1 double]
           dof: [85x51 double]
          grad: [1x1 struct]
           cfg: [1x1 struct]

and

FCfreq =

         label: {2x1 cell}
        dimord: 'rpt_chan_freq'
          freq: [1x51 double]
     powspctrm: [84x2x51 double]
      labelcmb: {'MLC11'  'MLC12'}
     crsspctrm: [84x1x51 double]
     cumsumcnt: [84x1 double]
     cumtapcnt: [84x1 double]
           dof: [84x51 double]
          grad: [1x1 struct]
           cfg: [1x1 struct]

and then I ran clusterandanalysis using

cfg2 =

        statistic: 'indepsamplesZcoh'
             elec: [1x1 struct]
      chancmbgeom: 'free'
      alphathresh: 0.0500
            alpha: 0.0500
     makeclusters: 'no'

As following

[clusrand] = clusterrandanalysis(cfg2, FCfreq, FICfreq)

And if I use cfg2.makeclusters = 'yes', I get an empty 'clusrand'
variable.

Do you have an idea where I am misusing the code?

Basically I simply would like to test the difference in coherence
between the FIC and FC condition for the two first channels.

Thanks,

Rodrigo.