neural activity index (NAI) beamforming...

Ali Mazaheri ali.mazaheri at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Thu Oct 18 18:46:48 CEST 2007

Hello,

I decided to  NAI to normalize my activations.....

sourceNAI.avg.pow = sourcePost.avg.pow ./ sourcePost.avg.noise;

but the avg.noise parameter is has zero values ( the only finite numbers
in the matrice)

my method to beamform has been straightforward

cfg = [];
cfg.grad = freqdata.grad;
 cfg.vol = vol; cfg.resolution = 1;
 cfg.reducerank = 2; cfg.channel = {'MEG'};
cfg.xgrid = 'auto'; cfg.ygrid = 'auto';
 cfg.zgrid = 'auto';
 [grid] = prepare_leadfield(cfg);

cfg = [];
 cfg.frequency = 18;
cfg.method = 'dics';
 cfg.projectnoise = 'yes';
 cfg.grid = grid;
cfg.vol = vol; cfg.lambda = 0;
sourcePost = sourceanalysis(cfg,freqdata );

My source.post.avg.pow has non-zero finite values......
any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Ali