appenddata

Tue May 8 21:14:02 CEST 2007

Hi Sameer,

On 8 May 2007, at 18:05, Sameer Walawalkar wrote:
> I can see that appenddata does look for cfg.trl etc. If I have
> cfg1, cfg2, cfg3,  corresponding to data1, data2, data3, where
> dataset, headerfile, datatype and trialdef are the same and the
> only difference is ofcourse in the .trl field, will
> data = appenddata(cfg1,data1,data2,data3) work correctly?

The reason for concatenating the cfg.trl in the different datasets is
for keeping reference to the sections of data. The trl matrix and the
event structure (read_fcdc_event) can be used afterwards to
reconstruct the events on which the data was selected, even after
partial and complete artifact removal. In your case, where the data
comes from different datafiles, the concatenated dataset does not
relate any more to either one of the files and as such the
concatenated trl is not usefull any more.

Note that this is only implemented to support rather exotic
applications, so probably you don't have to worry too much about the
concatenating of cfg.trl.

Robert