source analysis attempt using DICS method

Brian Roach Brian.Roach at YALE.EDU
Thu Mar 29 01:07:37 CEST 2007

Attached is the output from a call to sourceinterp on source analysis
output data.  I am trying to use the DICS method, but my output looks
nothing like the tutorial pictures.  I am including what I believe to be
the relevant code, and advice on the source of my mistake(s) would be
appreciated:

[EEG com] = pop_loadbv('/home/bjr39/FTsource', 'B22001hal.vhdr')
EEG1 = pop_select(EEG)
help eeglab2fieldtrip
data = eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG1, 'preprocessing')

%%%
there is some code which I have not included that string matches my
electrodes and uses coordinate that put the sites in MNI space according to
the coordinates listed
here:http://oase.uci.ru.nl/~roberto/electrode/realistic_1005.txt
%%%

cfg.output     = 'powandcsd';
cfg.method     = 'mtmfft';
cfg.foilim     = [5 100];
cfg.tapsmofrq  = 2;
cfg.foilim     = [35 45];
freq = freqanalysis(cfg, data)

cfg = [];
cfg.method = 'dics';
cfg.frequency = 40;
cfg.hdmfile = '/home/bjr39/FTsource/vol.mat';
cfg.resolution = 2
pack;source = sourceanalysis(cfg, freq)

sourcePost = sourcedescriptives([], source)

cfg =[];
cfg.downsample = 2;
cfg.funparameter = 'nai';
cfg.colmin = 'auto';
cfg.colmax = 'auto';
sourcePostF = source2full(sourcePost);
sliceinterp(cfg,sourceInterp);

I can share more info if it will help, related to the size of different
data structures, or whatever anyone would need to know.  I followed the
guide for head model creation and plotted it at various points (one plot
previously posted to the list).  Could a poor head model create this problem?

thanks,
Brian