volumesegment has spm2 related memory issues

Sameer Walawalkar sameer at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Fri Mar 23 17:18:54 CET 2007

Hi,

When I run
>> [segment] = volumesegment(cfg,mri)
I get memory problems at a particular line in a spm2 matlab file.

The error message  is :

performing the segmentation on the specified volume
??? Error using ==> zeros
Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.

Error in ==> spm_smoothto8bit>smoothto8bit at 41
buff = zeros([V.dim(1:2) r{3}.s*2+1]);

On printing out these numbers, I find that spm2 is attempting to create a
file
Of size  (256     x    256   x    23783).

Has anyone else has had these kind of problems with spm2?  Or is there
(this is more likely) my problem with implementation.

The information about mri is:
>> mri
mri =
           dim: [256 256 256]