first steps using lcmv

Mon Mar 19 21:28:41 CET 2007

Hi Nathan

On 7 Mar 2007, at 18:08, Nathan Weisz wrote:
> i found a standard bem in the dipfit plugin folder of eeglab
> (standard_vol.mat).
>
> >> vol
>
> vol =
>
>      bnd: [1x3 struct]
>     cond: [0.3300 0.0041 0.3300]
>      mat: [3000x3000 double]
>     type: 'dipoli'
>
> i guess that i can simply exchange my standard spherical model
> (same as in eeglab) and use this bem volume for calculating the
> leadfield.

Yes, that volume conduction model is fine.

> one aspect are the electrode locations: the positions are given on
> a sphere ... so probably there'll has to be some transformation of
> the positions.

There should be EEG electrode locations for the 10-20, the 10-10 and
the 10-5 system with the EEGLAB-dipfit release as well. If not,
please use attached electrode file. It should match the BEM model.
You can check the match with HEADMODELPLOT.

you can do
   elec = read_fcdc_elec('standard_1005.elc');
and then
   cfg.elec = elec;
or alternatively
   cfg.elecfile = 'standard_1005.elc';