wavelet analysis!

Alexander Maye a.maye at UKE.DE
Thu Jun 14 11:26:09 CEST 2007

Dear experts!

When I compute coherence (using 'freqdescriptives') based on a frequency
transform using 'freqanalysis_wltconvol', I get coherence values larger than
1. This has also been observed by Muthuraman before.

The script below demonstrates this observation and also that
freqanalysis_mtmconvol does everything correctly. I think the problem is
pertinent to all current fieldtrip versions.

While I can easily switch to mtmconvol I thought it could be useful to
address this issue. Does anyone have an idea?

Best,

                         ALEX.

% Construct 4 trials with a sine wave in two channels ...
t=[0:1/pi:100*pi];
data.trial{1} = [sin(t);sin(t)];
data.time{1} = t/pi/10;
for i = 2:4, data.trial{i}=data.trial{1};data.time{i}=data.time{1}; end
data.label = {'1' '2'};
data.fsample = 10*pi;

cfgmtm.method = 'mtmconvol';
cfgmtm.tapsmofrq = 10;