nonparamteric statistical tests for coherence differences

Eric Maris maris at NICI.RU.NL
Fri Jun 1 23:17:37 CEST 2007

Hi Sameer,

> I am looking for Wiki entry or tutorial for doing nonparamteric
> statistical tests for coherence differences (both within trial and
> between trials).

At this moment, only coherence testing between trials is implemented.

> What I can get is

http://www2.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?id=fieldtrip:documentation:tu
tori
> al:statistics#3_permutation_tests_for_time-frequency_representations
>   which describes how to do the same for TFRs.
>
> I am thinking of attempting using basically the same set of commands, but
> substituting the correct procedure  for calculating coherences etc in the
> steps shown is section 3. will that be proper?

I don't know. Just have a try. My expectation is that copy-pasting will not
be sufficient to get it running. On the other hand, I used the
Fieldtrip-code for all the analyses on which is reported in our JNM-paper on
coherence difference testing.

I am aware of the fact that the tutorial could be improved with respect to
the testing of coherence differences.

Good luck,

dr. Eric Maris
NICI/Biological Psychology and
F.C. Donders Center for Cognitive NeuroImaging
University of Nijmegen
P.O. Box 9104
6500 HE Nijmegen
The Netherlands
T:+31 24 3612651 (NICI)
T:+31 24 3610754 (FCDC)
F:+31 24 3616066 (NICI)
E: maris at nici.ru.nl
MSc Cognitive Neuroscience :www.ru.nl/master/cns/

> thanks for your help.
>
> sameer

> The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the
FieldTrip