clusterrandomization-alphavalue

Olga Sysoeva olga at GRAPHICMIND.INFO
Tue Jun 26 10:36:55 CEST 2007

Thank you Eric,
As I understand, the cfg.alpha is also redundant as input information. Yes?
Best Regards,
Olga
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eric Maris
  To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
  Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] clusterrandomization-alphavalue

  Dear Olga,

  I'd like to clarify the output parameters of clustrandomization.

  What does clusrand.critvals means. How it depends on chosen alpha threshold (usually 0.05). As I looked through the script, it is the only parameters which depends on alpha.

  Do I need to use it somehow to choose the significant clusters?

  Or can I just check the clusrand.pos(neg)clusters.pval parameters to identify significant clusters?

  Yes, you can just check the clusrand.pos(neg)clusters.pvals. The two pieces of information are redundant: a clusrand.pos(neg)clusters.pval is less than alpha it the cluster-level statistic of this cluster exceeds clusrand.critval.

  Good luck,

  Eric Maris

  dr. Eric Maris

  NICI/Biological Psychology and

  F.C. Donders Center for Cognitive NeuroImaging University of Nijmegen P.O. Box 9104 6500 HE Nijmegen The Netherlands

  T:+31 24 3612651 (NICI)

  T:+31 24 3610754 (FCDC)

  F:+31 24 3616066 (NICI)

  E: maris at nici.ru.nl

  MSc Cognitive Neuroscience :www.ru.nl/master/cns/

  The aim of this list is to facilitate the discussion between users of the FieldTrip toolbox, to share experiences and to discuss new ideas for MEG and EEG analysis.

  http://listserv.surfnet.nl/archives/fieldtrip.html

  http://www.ru.nl/fcdonders/fieldtrip/