environment needed for meg-pd

Christian Hesse c.hesse at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Fri Feb 16 17:59:00 CET 2007

Hi Eve,

you should be able to use the meg-pd toolbox (also from FieldTrip) in
Matlab under Windows. I got the toolbox to work in Matlab7 under
WindowsXP as follows:

  - extract the meg-pd-1.2-10.mswin.zip file to somewhere
-  then copy (or move) the meg_pd_1.2 directory wherever you want
-  in the README file in the meg-pd-1.2-10.mswin directory it
specifies that you need to copy the DLL file "meg-pd-1.2-10.mswin\lib
\i686-pc-cygwin\libmagnet_pd_1.2.dll" into the bin directory of
Matlab on your system, in my case this was the directory "MATLAB71\bin
\win32"
-  start up Matlab, add the fieldtrip and meg_pd_1.2 directories to
your path and try to read your .fif file

Let me know if this works on your Windows system

Regards,
Christian

On 15 Feb 2007, at 17:32, alotof eve wrote:

> Hi, experts,
>
>      I am a new user of fieldtrip. I try to use meg-pd package to
> import NeuroMag data but it seems there is something wrong with the
> environment.
>     The error  showed as:
>         Unable to load mex file: F:\MATLAB6p5\toolbox
> \fieldtrip-20070213\meg_pd_1.2\loadfif.dll.
> The specified module could not be found.
>
>       The true is the .dll is in the same path as .m and the path
> has been add the Matlab.
>       I use Latlab 6.5 under WindowXP. I don't know if it affects.
> I saw the "lib" in the same meg-pd package included a .dll for pc-
> cygwin. I wonder if I have to use Matlab under Linux/Unix
> environment. Or if any other limits.
>
>      Please help me. Thanks.
>
> Best,
> Eve
>
> TV dinner still cooling?

Christian Hesse, PhD, MIEEE

F.C. Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging
P.O. Box 9101
NL-6500 HB Nijmegen
The Netherlands

Tel.: +31 (0)24 36 68293