binica in fieldtrip

Mon Feb 12 21:01:07 CET 2007

Hi Sameer

On 9 Feb 2007, at 22:46, Stefan Debener wrote:
> Try running extended infomax ICA with the PCA option switched on
> and a reduction to about 50 components. This should speed up the
> decomposition substantially, and return nice eye blink components.
> If you do not get dipolar-like component maps, your data may suffer
> from substantial head movements. Temporal ICA expects that the
> sensors-to-source configuration remains unchanged during recording.

Note that cfg.method='runica' also implements extended infomax ICA,
see "help runica for details". Passing option (such as PCA-
dimensionality reduction) to runica is done using the cfg.runica
substructure in componentanalysis, e.g. cfg.runica.pca = 50.

Since runica and binica have almost the same functionality, it was
actually trivial to implement it in componentanalysis. I have just
added it, you can download the latest FT version from the ftp server.

best regards,
Robert