New statistics

Vladimir Litvak litvak at TX.TECHNION.AC.IL
Fri Feb 9 12:54:57 CET 2007

Hi Robert,

It was a graphics problem. I can see the cluster now.

Thanks,

Vladimir

-----Original Message-----
From: FieldTrip discussion list [mailto:FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL] On Behalf
Of Robert Oostenveld
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:52 PM
To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] New statistics

Hi Vladimir

On 8 Feb 2007, at 20:24, Vladimir Litvak wrote:

> Stupid mistake indeed, but even after fixing it the results are not
> the
> same. There is a very nice big positive cluster in the gamma range
> I get
> with clusterrandanalysis that is completely absent in the new
> result. Since
> the effect is pretty clear in the raw data I think there is still a
> problem.
>
> Please run the fixed version with and compare the old results with
> new.

I only compared the observed statistics in both cases, and they were
the same with the proper design matrix. The gamma blob that I noticed
was identical in both versions, and the clusters hence should be the
same (assuming you use the same clusterthreshold). I have not run the
two versions 1000 times each to compare the p-values of each cluster,
but from what you now write, I understand that the p-values of this
gamma cluster are different. Am I right?

I will run the 1000 randomizations to see whether the p-values are
different, but please do check the presense of the gabba-blob cluster
and the threshold setting first.

Robert