using prepare_layout and gradfile to generate mags and planar layout

Sameer Walawalkar sameer at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Thu Apr 19 23:22:05 CEST 2007

Hello,

I want to try and use cfg.gradfile configuration during multiplot becasue
of the following issues.

If in my configuration, I include
cfg.gradfile 	= file.fif';
everything seems to work fine.

But, if I use
cfg.layout = NM306all.lay
I get the foll error.:
the input is freq data with 306 channels, 61 frequencybins and 29 timebins
reading layout from file NM306mag.lay
??? Error using ==> multiplotTFR
labels in data and labels in layout do not match

Usually this meant lay.labels did not have MEG in them. In the past, I
have taken care of these errors by making changes to Topoplot and
multiplot and adding the MEG to the labels. But with each version of
changes being made, it becomes tougher and tougher to keep up with this.

So I want to use cfg.gradfile, but then how does one use it for plotting
mags and planar only?

Incidently, my most currently download (april 18) is giving this weird
error for mags.lay :

cfg.layout = NM306mags.lay;
reading layout from file NM306all.lay
??? Trouble reading floating point number from file (row 1, field 1) ==>
MATLAB 5.0 MAT-file, Platform:

Error in ==> textread at 177
[varargout{1:nlhs}]=dataread('file',varargin{:});

Error in ==> prepare_layout>readlay at 192
[chNum,X,Y,Width,Height,Lbl,Rem] = textread(filename,'%f %f %f %f %f %q
%q');

Error in ==> prepare_layout at 108
   lay = readlay(cfg.layout);

Error in ==> multiplotTFR at 238
lay = prepare_layout(cfg, data);

Error in ==> SomeMaster at 21
multiplotTFR(cfgTFRout, TFRmultLL_2_One);

Thanks,
Sameer