dipole moment

Tue Sep 19 18:03:04 CEST 2006

Dear Nathan,

> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Nathan Weisz <weisz at lyon.inserm.fr>
>> Date: 15. September 2006 12:47:48 MESZ
>> To: FieldTrip discussion list <FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL>
>> Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] dipole moment
>>
>> hi robert,
>> thanks for the answer. i'm still a little bit confused. i think it
>> has something to do with the units of my volume conductor.

You are comparing a 12 "units" sphere with a 1 "units" sphere. The
size of the sphere results in a difference in the potential, but the
ratio between the spheres is "not nice", hence it is difficult to
interpret. I would interpret this as comparing a 12cm to a 1cm sphere.

I suggest that you compare a 12cm sphere (specified as a radius of
12) with a 12 cm sphere (specified as a radius of 0.12), also scale
the dipole positions. You will also see that those are different, but
then with a factor of 10 to the power of something. If you specify a
radius of 12 it could equally well be a 12cm as a 12m sphere, hence
the difference.

Robert