dipole moment

Nathan Weisz nathanweisz at MAC.COM
Thu Sep 7 23:19:59 CEST 2006

hi everyone,

my intention is to steal some code of the dipolefitting function to
model source activity of raw EEG data (keep fixed locations, just
analyse changes in dipole moment; i have a leadfield matrix using
prepare_leadfield). to test things i used a visual ERP data set as
outputted by timelockanalysis.
the waveforms look fine, i just get really huge values: ~14000 as
maximum dipole moments (the N1 is about 6000). so my question is what
units i have? do i have to scale by 1000 to get nAm (14 & 6 nAm would
make sense) or do these values imply that something has gone
completely wrong.

thanks in advance,
nathan