two way anova

Fri Oct 6 15:53:53 CEST 2006

Hi Roel,

On 6 Oct 2006, at 11:03, Roel Willems wrote:
> Is there a straightforward way of doing a 2 way anova (e.g. with
> factors regions of interest (grouped electrodes) and conditions) of
> freq data using the new statistics_stats function?

No, the statistics_montecarlo, analytic annd stats function all
implement a massive univariate statistic (with multiple comparison
correction). So ROIs (channels) cannot be used as factor. You can use
the matlab anova2 or anovaN function on the command line.

However, you should be aware that power spectra do not always mix
linearly, depending on what the underlying assumption is over the
generators. Hence you cannot always test for interactions (main
effects is not a problem). There are workarounds, we could discuss
that next week.

best
Robert