Statistical comparisons in virtual electrode spectrograms

Eric Maris maris at NICI.RU.NL
Fri Nov 10 22:30:11 CET 2006

Hi Piers,

> As you can see, I have tried to 'borrow'  back a .grad field, which the
> freqgrandaverage threw away, and then tried to cheat the neighbood
> problem in clsterrandanalysis by setting minnbchan to zero.

If you supply a hand-made neighbourhood-structure for your virtual
channel(s) then you don't have to borrow back the grad field.

> clusrand =
>
>                   stats: [196x51 double]  *
>               raweffect: [196x51 double]  *
>             posclusters: [1x3 struct]  *

If the elements of this array (structs) have value in the pval-field that is
less than 0.05, then you have found a significant positive cluster.

>             negclusters: [1x2 struct]  *

If the elements of this array (structs) have value in the pval-field that is
less than 0.05, then you have found a significant negative cluster.>

Have a look at the clusterrandanalysis tutorial to find out how you can plot
your significant clusters.

Good luck,

Eric Maris