freqanalysis_wltconvol.m question

Jan Mathijs Schoffelen Jan.Schoffelen at FCDONDERS.RU.NL
Thu Nov 9 10:10:53 CET 2006

Hi Brian,

The multiplication with 2 and the division by the sampling rate achieves a
proper normalization and should be included. The factor 2 is coming from the
fact that the power at a specific frequency is estimated at both the
frequency itself and its negative counterpart. The division by the number of
samples ensures that the total power (summed across all computable
frequencies, so between 0 and Nyquist) will be equal to the total variance
of the time-domain signal.

Yours,

Jan-Mathijs

  _____