matlab crashes upon running fieldtrip - glibc error

Jed Meltzer jedmeltzer at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 22 19:34:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I am just trying to get fieldtrip running on my computer, which is brand new along with my matlab
installation.  I am trying to run the code in the first tutorial.  The computer is a fancy 64-bit dual-
xeon workstation, with RHEL 4.0, EM64T processors, and the newest Matlab 7.3 (R2006b).

Here is some info about the system that might be relevant:

uname -a
Linux gemara.nidcd.nih.gov 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.3.4-2.25
glibc-2.3.4-2.25

Now my problem:  as soon as I run this line in the tutorial:
dataFIC = preprocessing(cfg);

matlab crashes and I get the following error message in the shell:

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0000002af5fd5dd0 ***
Abort

Any ideas about how to fix this?  Thanks!
-Jed Meltzer