clusterrandomization on 3D-data within-subject

Olga Sysoeva olga at GRAPHICMIND.INFO
Sat May 13 14:34:07 CEST 2006

Thank you very much, Lilla!
Now I knwo what to do but faced the problem with " unknown zparam field" when ploting the results. Unfortunatly cfg.zparam does not discribed in help file...
Best Regards, Olga
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lilla Magyari
  To: FIELDTRIP at NIC.SURFNET.NL
  Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 3:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [FIELDTRIP] clusterrandomization on 3D-data within-subject

  Dear Olga,

  I am just studying time-frequency analysis but I have done already on my data, so perhaps I can help you.

  First, yes, you have to do freqanalysis on the preprocessed data of the individual subjects for all conditions that you want to compare (i.e. the input for this function contains all trials from one subject in one condition.) And it is also important that the other input for this function is the cfg where for example, in the cfg.method you have to specify what kind of time-frequency analysis you want to use. (You have to write 'wltconvol' for wavelet transformation and 'mltconvol' for multitaper analysis.)

  When you use freqanalysis as output you can get TFR for one subject in one condition (but it is also possible to keep the information for the individual trials of the condition by specifying cfg.keeptrials = 'yes'). When you have the TFRs for each subject you can grandaverage them with freqgrandaverage where the input is the TFRs of all subjects (and before averaging you can use also freqbaseline for giving a baseline for your TFRs).

  I hope it helps.

  Best regards,

  Lilla Magyari