Phase of spontaneous activity

Vladimir Litvak litvak at TECHUNIX.TECHNION.AC.IL
Wed May 10 20:42:30 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I have several subjects, each with two sets of trials with ongoing EEG (i.e.
not containing response to a stimulus). What I would like to know is whether
there is a difference between these sets in terms of spectra. I'd like to
test all the electrodes and frequencies. There is no problem to do this for
power using Fieldtrip and clusterrandanalysis. But now I would like to find
out whether for any electrode/frequency there is the systematic difference
in phase between the two sets. I would even settle for testing whether in
one of the sets the phase at some electrode/frequency is not random.

How does one do it in Fieldtrip? Any ideas and code samples would be
appreciated.

Best,

Vladimir