conversion problem, layout

Thu May 4 17:58:37 CEST 2006

Dear Olga,

On 4 May 2006, at 16:53, Olga Sysoeva wrote:
> This time I want to convert averaged ERP files, made in BESA. I
> exported them as multiplex files from BESA and  convert to
> fieldtrip with besa2fieldtrip function. It  seems to work well. I
> also read my .sfp file (data.elec = read_fcdc_elec
> ('GNS64sag1.sfp');). It goes without problems but when I wanted to
> plot the scalp potentials (topoplotER (cfg,
> data) the error appeared "reference to non-existent field 'chanX',
> line 302
> topoplot  and 268 topoplotER.

I know that this problem seems to happen since the topoplot and
multiplot functions were extended with interactive options. My
colleague Ingrid (see CC) has been working on the problem, and I
recall that she already fixed the problem (and some other problems).
It might be that the ftp version of fieldtrip does not yet contain
the updated function. I suggest that you download the latest daily
version of fieldtrip from the ftp, and try once more. If the problem
then still persists, please send a matlab file containing the erf and
electrodes (and possibly also the two original besa files) to Ingrid,
so that she can try to reproduce the bug.

> I had the same problem with converting my data from eeglab, too.
> Probably, it is safer to create my our layout file, but I need to
> know the structure of it.

The layout file format is explained in the FAQ at http://www2.ru.nl/
fcdonders/fieldtrip/doku.php?
id=fieldtrip:documentation:frequently_asked_questions#what_is_the_format
_of_the_layout_file_which_is_used_for_plotting.

best regards,
Robert